Sunday, August 22, 2021

270. Throne of blood (1957)

 

Country: Japan

Directed by Akira Kurosawa


So many years passed since I watched this famous Akira Kurosawa's film and sometimes I m not sure how I will feel if I watch it again. I m wondering if it aged well or if today would look a bit tired, a bit pretentious or simplistic. But then I remember how much I liked this film, how intense the film was: mad, raw, poetical, captivating, haunting. How I was thinking about it weeks after I watched it and how some moments of it still are vivid in my memory after all this time. Finally, I let my doubts aside. Films of this caliber would never get old. No matter your age, your country, your state of mind, they gonna absorb you from the first second to the last






No comments:

Post a Comment