Monday, May 25, 2015

149. Tokyo decadence (1992)


Country: Japan
Directed by Ryu Murakami

More than twenty years passed since I watched this film so I am sceptical about how I could think for it if I had the chance to watch again today. However, I trust my initial impression that ,although it has a rather weak plot, it depicts really well an image of an overdeveloped, cold , soulless Tokyo where sex is performed mechanically been something that you can buy and sell. However this dark and pessimistic view breaks a bit at the end as the heroine , although passed through a kind of hell, manages to keep alive her sensitivity .The film, as I remember, is well directed by Murakami, is quite atmospheric with its great photography that makes it attractive visually and its classical music score by Ryuichi Sakamoto



No comments:

Post a Comment